Monday, June 27, 2011

"Now I'm coming alive, body and soul, feeling the world start to turn.."

"And I'll taste every moment and live it out loud
  I know this is the time, this is the time to be
  more than a name or face in the crowd
  I know this is the time, this is the time of my life.."

                --"Time of my Life" (David Cook)


What a week it has been since our Queenstown travels. Last week I got back and Brenda and I went to see 'Bridesmaids' and it was a hoot. We laughed out loud and at some points were the ONLY ones laughing. (Language barrier?) On Thursday, Lauren and Hillary came over for our last Mexican meal together. It was nice to catch up with them. Our friend Kristen came over and we played an intense game of 'Phase 10.' It was then time to say our goodbyes.

I hate goodbyes. 

They make me feel emotionally unstable. 

We then had a fairly relaxing weekend. On Saturday Brenda and I hit the town for our LAST night out! We had to begin at our favorite bar, Good Luck. We have had many great nights there that have made for some really fun memories. It was then off to Alice and Boogie Wonderland to meet my (Kiwi) friend, Nick. We also ran into some other friendly faces! After realizing this was my LAST night out in Wellington, I started to get a little sad. Actually that is an understatement. It was more of an 'ugly cry.' (Which Nick, poor guy, had to witness! My bad!)


The next day I decided to be really lazy and give myself a day of rest. And I spent my Monday packing, organizing and making lists. I took a break to have dinner at Fratelli with Nick, which was a relief because it had been one busy day and its always nice to catch up with him! I then came home to a messy room that still needs to be packed up.. and with ONE day left to do it.. I am starting to get a little nervous.. (sorry, Mom) It also did not help that I took the time to look back at some of my favorite memories here rather than do my chores...


Epic.



Laughing until tears.

Cape Reinga. Love of my life.
Road-tripping back from Taupo.
Bay of Islands.
The Bar Crew.


On the way to Milford Sound.

After getting the opportunity to skype with Maria, my mom and two of my pledge sisters today I have realized that I am starting to get excited to be reunited with them. Although I have had the time of my life here, I realize that all good things must come to an end so I was thinking about all of the things that I am excited to get back to....

1.) My Family (and our annual beach trip coming up!)
2.) My Kappa sisters
3.)My friends @ school.
4.)Kappa & IU
5.)The doodles
6.) Matthew's Graphic Tees
7.) My house & bed.
8.)My surrogate house w/ Paul and Sara.


Siblings. 
Ahhh, Kappa what? 
Mags is an Angel. 

Honesty day: Friendship. 
Turtle Tugs. 
No group of women that I would rather dance with.
HSM.

Love.
Twebb :)

2 of my faves.
Kappa<3

Gracie and Podolski.
Datwich: 'I do my own stunts.' Duh.

Southern belle.
Cuties.
Love them. Amurrica.



...and the list goes on... last day in Welly.. here I come! Lets go.


1 comment:

  1. Glad to make the post, doll. Enjoy your last day. We're happy to almost get you back! xo

    ReplyDelete